Friday, October 5, 2007

natural learners

I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand.
Chinese Proverb

A mantra for homeschooling!

Something to repeat and remember as we DO school at home.

Have I mentioned what fun we have when it just happens naturally, I hate scheduling...
I spent weeks during the summer planning and prepping and after reviewing a month and being discouraged that I am unable to keep life from happening and interest waning, I can't bring myself to strictly following a time schedule when the boys are playing nice together and I can't force them to enjoy what I have planned, but when they decide to learn how to fly and make their own wings out of newspaper, what an opportunity to explore man's desire to fly.
-and talk about wingspan.
-and flap like maniacs in the yard.


We went to Fort Whyte on Thursday afternoon. What a beautiful fall day! We had such a relaxed and enjoyable time. and up close and personal experiences with geese, ducks and a live little otter or weasle of some kind which was too quick for the camera.
The touch museum was a favorite place, Solomon really "identified" with the skunk.
I was excited to come away with a few bird feeder options and some fresh honey. yippee!

1 comment:

angela said...

hello!
i love when the learning just seems so happen, it all comes together on it's own -that's bliss.
great pictures of what looks like a wonderful time!