Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Quite Healthy Enough

My attempt to bring routine, structure and order back into this house ended in an emotional puddle of mommy failure.
After a month of sick family. Every illness from sinus infections to dehydration due to both ends spewing, to ultra high fevers and trips to Emergency... supposedly (hopefully) over. I thought I would attempt a day of school with the boys. Prompted by a suggested expectation from the Daddy, when he left this morning saying that the kids could play some of their new video games as long as the timer was on and they did school; and then again at lunch when he said "Make sure you spend 2 hours outside today, It's beautiful day."

Here is a glimpse of what school looked like for all of 5 minutes. Looks nice, peaceful, productive... pfft!



What you don't see is the decisions to not listen, to talk back, to ignore, to complain, to argue, to take 45 minutes to go outside and stay outside for 2 minutes...



It was a constant battle all day, and I have not slept, am worn thin and drained of every patient bone, I am tired of being in our house, I am tired of sick people, I am tired.

And I am a terrible parent when I am tired, I don't know why I thought I could be a teacher today! I vented... and then I cried.

2 comments:

Aleksa said...

oh no! we feel for you... This post was very funny even though you may not have meant it to be. i like the description of both ends spewing... i just hope you don't get stuck in the crossfire Tami...

we love you very much...

here's to tomorrow
xoxoA.

Anonymous said...

Oh man Tami, I feel your pain in this post. Hang in there girl. *hug*