Monday, March 23, 2009

One Part Cowboy.



I had an offer to take some tickets for the PBR this weekend. My heart raced inexplicably at the chance to see bull riding... what can this mean?

On the one hand the lure to watch somewhat good looking, fit cowboys risk their lives for my entertainment (and for a sizable winners purse) and the people/fashion watching opportunity at a full house MTS centre event...

On the other hand the questionable treatment of animals bred and conditioned to roughhouse with said cute cowboys... and what do those straps actually do to make a sweet little boy bovine act so violently! I am not impressed with that aspect of the "sport" at all.

What an internal battle I have had this weekend...

But the cowboy part won out the activist part, and Jack and I are both in the market for a good cowboy hat. (and a rifle...Oh and chaps... definitely chaps!)



Jack is not keen on being a bull rider, but he figures learning to rope would be fun. THANK YOU!

I guess it all boils down to preparing us for "Farm living" though our chickens will be hard to ride... maybe we will need some other animals after all!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

you have two distant cousins who rode the rodeo circuit back in the early 60's (Denny and Eunice) Apparently they were quite good and very dark and exotic looking. (There was some speculation about paternity, as I recall.)

mike said...

the wood shed cousins! aunt edna told me about that scandal....
last names? so I can search rodeo archives?